Have you ever wondered how to make Homemade Coconut Yogurt? This recipe is so easy! I like to serve the thick, dairy-free yogurt with a simple strawberry jam. It’s delicious at brunch or packed in mini jars for quick and healthy grab and go breakfasts on busy weekday mornings.
| vegan + paleo + Whole30 approved |
Homemade Coconut Yogurt
- 1 – 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk (see notes)
- 3 probiotic capsules (dairy-free, if needed)
Simple Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Optional: 2 tablespoons maple syrup (omit for Whole30)
- Shake the can of coconut milk then open it and pour it into a 2-cup glass jar. Twist open the probiotic capsules and empty the powder into the coconut milk. Discard the capsules.
- Stir the probiotic into the coconut milk using a plastic, ceramic, or wooden spoon. Cover the jar with cheesecloth or a piece of paper towel and secure it with an elastic band.
- Set the jar aside in a warm spot that is out of direct sunlight. After two days, move the jar to your fridge. It will take 8-12 hours for the yogurt to chill and thicken.
- Serve your coconut yogurt on its own, with a little maple syrup, or with the chia strawberry jam.
Chia Strawberry Jam
- Place the chopped strawberries, lemon juice, chia seeds, and (if using) the maple syrup in a small pot. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the jam cool.
- Store in a clean jar in your fridge for up to one week.
Make sure to use full-fat coconut milk with no guar gum or other added ingredients.
Wash your hands before you start and clean your jar and spoon well. It’s important to keep things extra clean when fermenting food!