Hello, summertime pizza! This delicious Easy Caprese Pizza is loaded with sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella then topped with basil and reduced balsamic once it comes out of the oven. It’s an easy and healthy way to eat pizza all summer long. This naturally vegetarian dinner recipe can easily be made vegan + gluten-free, too.
- 1 pizza crust, gluten-free if needed (see notes)
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (I love Maldon)
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced (sub vegan cheese, if needed)
- 1 1/2 pints of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- A handful of basil leaves
- Balsamic reduction, to drizzle (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature and set a pizza stone or an upside down baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Either place the pizza crust on a pizza peel or lay it on a piece of parchment paper on a cutting board. (I use the parchment paper method.) Drizzle the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Lay the mozzarella onto the crust then heap with the cherry tomatoes. Carefully transfer the pizza to the pizza stone or upside down baking sheet (keeping it on the parchment, if using) and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust starts to brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, top with some basil leaves, and drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar.
This is my fav pizza dough recipe. It’s super easy to make, but it does require a little planning ahead. You could also try one of these Green Veggie Pizza Crusts for a grain-free option. Store bought crust would be the easiest option here!
You can buy bottles of reduced balsamic in most stores. If you don’t have any on hand, simply boil some balsamic for a few minutes to reduce it. Remember that it will thicken considerably once it cools.