Want a Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler recipe that tastes AMAZING and you can feel good about eating? I thought you might! Sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb are baked with some coconut sugar and topped with a grain-free shortbread-like crumble topping. It’s a delicious summer dessert!
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler Filling
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
The Cobbler Topping
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour it into an 8″x11″ baking dish.
- In the same bowl, mix together the almond flour, 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, baking powder, sea salt, and coconut oil. Place the topping in mounds on top of the strawberries and rhubarb to create a cobblestone effect then flatten slightly with your hands. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut over the top.
- Put the baking dish into your oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until it is hot and bubbling at the sides. Note: check the cobbler after 20 minutes. If the top is browning too much, place some aluminum foil over the top.
Brown sugar can be substituted for the coconut sugar and cornstarch can be substituted for the tapioca starch, if needed.
To make this extra pretty, sprinkle the top with a few extra sliced strawberries.