It’s cocktail time and I’ve got a Strawberry Basil Mojito with your name on it! Fresh strawberries and a gentle basil flavor make this my favorite mojitos recipe. It’s lightly sweetened and beautifully fragrant and perfect for a hot summer’s day. It’s also super easy to make a big batch for easy summer entertaining.
- 1-ounce white rum
- 1-ounce strawberry simple syrup (see ingredients below)
- 1/2-ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 ounces soda water
- Sliced strawberries and basil leaves, to garnish
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- Add the rum, strawberry simple syrup, lemon juice, and basil leaves in a cocktail shaker or mason jar filled with ice. Shake then pour into a glass.
- Top the glass with soda water and garnish with strawberries and basil.
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- Combine the water, sugar, and strawberries in a pot and bring it to a boil
- Remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let it stand at room temperature until cool.
- Blend the strawberries and syrup together then strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the solids.
To make a pitcher, use cups instead of ounces. Combine 1 cup white rum + 1 cup simple syrup + 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice + 2 cups soda water in a pitcher, stir and add some ice. Double or triple the recipe as needed. Add a handful of basil leaves and some strawberries to the pitcher to make it look pretty!
If you want to sugar the rims of your glasses, do it first. Pour some sugar onto a plate, run a cut lemon over the rim of the glass then dip the wet rim into the sugar.