This easy to make and crazy delicious Grilled Chicken Salad is loaded with sweet summer strawberries, pecans, and creamy avocado. The tasty balsamic vinaigrette does double duty as the salad dressing and marinade for the chicken. Healthy summer salads never tasted so good!
| gluten-free + paleo and Whole30 adaptable |
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
- Optional: 2 tablespoons plain, Greek-style yogurt (omit for paleo + Whole30)
The Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 1/2 ounces baby arugula
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 avocado, diced
- Place all the balsamic dressing ingredients into a 1-cup Mason jar. Close the lid and shake well.
- Put the chicken breasts in a container and pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over top. Turn the chicken so that it is well coated in the marinade and set it aside for 1/2 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, place the spinach, arugula, strawberries, pecans, and diced avocado in a large salad bowl. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on your BBQ. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Remove the chicken from the grill and use two forks to shred the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the salad bowl, pour the remaining dressing over the top and toss to coat. Serve right away.