Sesame Honey Shrimp are sweet, sticky, and totally delicious. This one-pan dinner recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make and will be a guaranteed hit at the table.
| gluten-free + paleo + refined sugar-free |
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed. Coco aminos for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 1 lb. tail on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1 1/2 lb broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. When it turns golden brown (after about 4-5 minutes) add the honey, soy sauce or coco aminos, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes to the pan and boil for 2 minutes. Pour the sauce into a heat-proof dish.
- Add the ginger and broccoli to the pan and let the broccoli cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften and brown spots appear, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the broccoli from the pan.
- Ad the shrimp to the pan and let them cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or just until they turn pink.
- Push the shrimp to the side and add the broccoli back to the pan and pour the sesame honey sauce over top. Mix together then serve right away.
For a less sweet dish, serve the broccoli on the side rather than mixing it into the sauce.