These Spring Veggie Enchiladas are stuffed with loads of healthy spring vegetables, your choice of tofu or chicken, and then smothered in an easy to make creamy yogurt sauce. They are a ridiculously delicious dinner recipe.
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro stems and leaves
- 3 green onions, green part only
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and stems removed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 1/2 cups thick, plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
The spring veggie enchiladas:
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced (or 1 package of firm tofu, diced)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 bunch of radishes, diced (reserve a few for garnish)
- 4 large stems of Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated mozzarella, divided
- 2 bunches of asparagus, about 40 pieces, tough ends snapped off
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- Cilantro and lime, to serve
- Place the cilantro, green onions, garlic, jalapeño, and lime in a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the yogurt and salt and blend.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until transparent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini and radishes and cook for about 5 minutes, or until just soft. Stir in the Swiss chard and let the leaves wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the tofu or chicken. Transfer the cooked veggies to the bowl and add 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and a generous 1/2 cup of the yogurt sauce. Mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the asparagus in the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it softens slightly. You still want it quite crispy.
- Put a scoop of the yogurt sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Lay 8 tortillas on your counter. Divide the filling between them and top each with a few pieces of asparagus, letting the asparagus tips hang out a little. Roll the enchiladas tightly and place seam down in the baking dish. Cover with the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling at the edges of the dish. Garnish with extra radishes, cilantro, and lime.