This Spicy Tomato Jam is perfect for just about everything. It’s easy to make and great for a burger, a bagel or a dip.
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 red bird’s eye chillies (or red thai chillies)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup palm sugar (or substitute brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt evenly over top. Roast in the oven for 1 hour, or until tomatoes are very soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add cooled tomatoes and all other ingredients, except the salt, to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the jam into a small saucepan and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt. Allow the jam to cool slightly before pouring into jars.