Honey Roasted Carrots (or candied carrots, as we like to call them) are a sweet, delicious, and healthy vegetable side dish. The easy to make carrots are coated in a honey glaze then roasted until tender and caramelized. They are totally addictive!
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon each: sea salt and pepper
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. carrots (about 12 medium), cut into 2-inch lengths
- Minced chives, to garnish
- Turn your oven on to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet (see notes) over medium-high heat. Add the honey, salt, pepper, and cayenne and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Place the carrots in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. If you’d like some dark spots on your carrots, broil for the last 2-3 minutes. Be careful as they burn quickly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and continue to cook the carrots for 2 minutes over medium-high heat on your stovetop to caramelize the honey. Once the sauce just barely starts to darken, remove the pan from the heat.
- Sprinkle with some minced chives and serve.
If you don’t have a large ovenproof pan, you can start these on the stove top then transfer the carrots to a baking sheet to cook in the oven.