Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skillet is a super fast (15 minute!) and healthy dinner recipe. I love to keep this paleo and serve it with cauliflower rice, but regular rice is delicious, too.
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 2 green bell peppers, diced small
- 2 small shallots, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the Cajun seasoning, oil, salt, and chili flakes. Set aside to marinate while you prep the veggies.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sear for 2 minutes. Add the peppers and shallots to the pan then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Push the shrimp to the side of the pan and add the tomato paste. Let the tomato paste caramelize for 2-3 minutes, or until it had darkened and is sweet smelling. Stir it into the shrimp.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock to the pan and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you’re serving this with cauliflower rice or regular rice, start it while the shrimp are marinating.