This Spanish Chicken Bake it made with pimiento-stuffed Manzanilla Olives from Spain, chorizo, bell peppers, and kale. Everything bakes together in one delicious pan. Chicken dinner doesn’t get any easier or tastier than this!
- 2 cups pimiento-stuffed Manzanilla Olives from Spain, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly slices
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 cups of torn kale leaves, packed
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Coarsely chop 1 ½ cups of the Manzanilla Olives from Spain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1 1/2 cups of chopped Manzanilla Olives from Spain, the chorizo, garlic, red peppers, onion, and rosemary and cook just until the veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the kale to the skillet and let it wilt.
- Add the chicken thighs to the skillet, nestling them between the veggies. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the Spanish paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Put the skillet into your oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of Manzanilla Olives from Spain around the skillet and serve right away.
Try to make sure a bunch of the kale is on top and not stuck under the chicken or veggies. The kale that is on top will get deliciously crispy in the oven.