Southwest BBQ Hummus Sweet Potato Boats are a healthy and delicious summer recipe. They’re hearty enough to be an easy to make vegan dinner recipe but also taste delicious as a side to whatever you’ve got on the grill!
- 4 small/medium sweet potatoes
- 1 corn cob
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Sabra Sweet and Smoky BBQ Hummus
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- A sprinkle of diced red onion and cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium-sized pot and fill with water. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat and simmer the sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until they are just soft. Do not let them overcook or they will be watery.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the pot and when they are just cool enough to handle, cut them in half lengthwise. Once they’ve stopped steaming, drizzle them with the oil and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. (See notes) Place the sweet potatoes ion the grill, cut side down. Pop the corn on the BBQ, too. Grill both for 10 minutes, turning the corn a few times (but not the sweet potatoes) until they both have grill marks on them.
- Remove the corn and sweet potatoes from the BBQ. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut off the kernels. Divide the hummus between the grilled sweet potato halves and top with the remaining toppings and a squeeze of lime juice.
If your BBQ grill tends to be sticky make sure to oil the grate well or use a BBQ mat.