Smoky Chipotle Guacamole Dip is a great party dip or healthy lunch. The smoky flavor and spice set this dip apart.
- 3 ripe avocados, skin and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small clove of garlic, very finely minced
- Juice from half a lime
- Optional: 3 drops of liquid smoke (see notes)
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork then mix everything together.
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are sold in most grocery stores. Remove one of the peppers from the jar and chop it. Put the chopped pepper in a measuring spoon and add enough adobo sauce to make 1 tablespoon. For spicier guacamole, add extra adobo sauce.
Liquid smoke is available in most grocery stores and is sold near the BBQ sauces. f you’d like a smokier flavor without adding more heat, use this option.