These healthy, baked skinny sweet potato harissa fries are a little spicy and have lots of flavor from the harissa.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the harissa mayo:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 small garlic clove, grated on a microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the sweet potato strips in a large bowl and toss them with the olive oil, harissa, cumin, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Divide them between the 2 baking sheets – you don’t want to crowd the pans! Bake them in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, turning them halfway. I prefer mine when they are soft and a few are crispy. If you’d like them crispier, leave them in the oven a little longer, just make sure to keep an eye so they don’t burn.
While the fries are in the oven, make the harissa mayo:
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Taste and add more harissa if your tongue can handle it.
- Serve the fries straight out of the oven with the mayo on the side for dipping.
If you eat a plant-based diet substitute a vegan mayo.
Whatever you do, please do NOT use Miracle Whip in place of the mayo. It will give it a very funny flavor.