Skinny Chili Cheese Dip is easy to make, big on flavor, and low on fat and carbs. It has a surprise ingredient that makes it healthier but it’s so delicious that no one will ever know. It’s the perfect game day recipe!
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower – about ½ head
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- ¼ – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- Juice from ½ lime (use fresh lime juice!)
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes (see notes)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Extra chili powder (if you want the pretty darker patches in the dip)
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper
- Preheat your oven to broil at 420 degrees. Place the oven rack on the top shelf. (If you don’t have control over the broil temp on your oven, lower the oven rack a shelf or two.)
- Place the cauliflower and onion onto a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the oil. Broil for 20 minutes, stirring halfway, until the cauliflower is soft and quite brown.
- Blend the cauliflower on high with the water then pour it into a small skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the cauliflower until it starts to bubble then stir in the cheese. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the Mexican chili powder, cayenne, fresh lime juice, garlic, and sea salt. Taste for seasoning then top it with the tomatoes, onions, tomato and optional extra chili powder.
*If tomatoes are not in season use cherry tomatoes as they have the best flavor for off-season tomatoes.