Shrimp fajitas, the classic Mexican restaurant recipe made with tender shrimp and lots of peppers and onions, is super easy to make at home. You can have these fajitas on the table in just 20 minutes. They’re delicious!
- 1 lb shelled shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 medium bell peppers, sliced (any color)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons EACH: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Optional, for serving
- Tortillas or lettuce wraps
- Guacamole or sliced avocados
- Grated cheese, cilantro lime ranch dressing, or sour cream
- Start by mixing the fajita seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the shrimp, lime juice, and half of the fajita seasoning in a medium-sized bowl and mix to combine. Set the shrimp aside to marinate while you prepare the peppers and onions.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for about 3 minutes, just until they begin to soften. Add the remaining fajita seasoning and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Push the peppers to the side of the pan (or remove them from the pan if your pan is not large). Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, flipping them over once, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Mix the shrimp and peppers together then serve with any or all of the optional toppings.