These tender shrimp cakes are absolutely delicious. They take only 10 minutes to make, can easily be prepped ahead of time, and make a great appetizer or light and healthy dinner. An easy lemon aioli sauce takes them over the top!
- 1 lb peeled raw shrimp, chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup EACH: chopped chives and red pepper
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Zest from 1 lemon + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- Start by mixing the lemon aioli ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the chopped shrimp, almond flour, chives, red pepper, salt, pepper, and egg to a large bowl and mix well. Form the shrimp into 12 patties and place them on a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp cakes (working in batches, if needed) and cook them for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve them right away with some lemon aioli on the side.