These super delicious Pineapple Sausage Bites are a simple and easy to make appetizer perfect for your party. Keep it simple and serve them in a bowl or get fancy and skewer them on toothpicks. Either way, your guests will LOVE these!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 Grimm’s Fine Foods Polish Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices (see notes)
- 1 398-ml can of sliced pineapple (pineapple rings)
- 2 tablespoons each: honey and sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon each: balsamic vinegar and soy sauce (or sub coco aminos for paleo)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the Grimm’s Fine Foods Polish Sausage and cook, stirring the sausage bites occasionally, until they are brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove the sausage bites from the pan.
- While the sausages are cooking, prepare the glaze. Drain the pineapple juice from the can into a small bowl. Whisk in the honey, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and (if using) the sriracha.
- Cut the pineapple rings into quarters. When sausage bites come out of the pan put the pineapple in. Cook the pineapple pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are lightly browned and starting to caramelize. Remove the pineapple from the pan.
- Put the sausages back into the pan and pour in the glaze. Bring the pan to a boil and boil rapidly until the glaze thickens enough to coat the sausage bites, about 3-4 minutes.
- Either add the pineapple pieces back into the pan, toss gently, then transfer the sausage bites and pineapple to a bowl to serve OR skewer one piece of pineapple and one sausage bite on a toothpick and plate on a platter. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and a little cilantro on top and serve right away.
Other great options for this recipe are Grimm’s Fine Foods’ Fine Garlic Sausage and their Mennonite Style Farmer Sausage.