This delicious tangy lemon chicken is easy to make and better than any Chinese takeout lemon chicken. The chicken is first pan-fried in coconut oil and coated in a tangy lemon sauce. It’s a healthy and easy 30-minute dinner recipe that you will fall in LOVE with!
✨ If you love this tangy lemon chicken recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
Sesame lemon sauce:
- ½ cup water
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch(can sub cornstarch)
For the chicken:
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon tapioca starch (can sub cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Sesame seeds and lemon slices, to serve
- Add the water, lemon zest and juice, honey, sesame oil, turmeric, and tapioca stach to a medium-sized bowl and whisk.
- Cut each chicken thigh into 5 or 6 pieces. Place the pieces in a bowl and sprinkle the tapioca starch over the top. Mix so that the chicken is coated in the starch.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Work in batches if needed. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for a few seconds. Add the broccoli and 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan. Let the broccoli steam for 5 minutes then remove it from the pan and put it on your dinner plates.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and pour the sauce over the top. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Serve with some sesame seeds and lemon slices.