For the Ginger Sesame Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each: dark sesame oil and corn starch
- 1 teaspoon each: brown sugar or honey, Sriracha, and neutral flavoured oil.
- 1 – 2” piece of ginger, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Juice from 1 lime
For the Crispy Tofu:
- Enough oil to cover the bottom of a medium sized frying pan
- 1 – 16-ounce package of medium tofu, cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
For the Carrot Noodle Stir Fry:
- 3 large Asian carrots (or 5 large regular carrots)
- 1 teaspoon neutral flavored oil
- A few handfuls of baby boy choy
- Cilantro, lime, and sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all of the Ginger Sesame Sauce ingredients.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan (cast iron works great) over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Working in batches, if necessary, fry the tofu on all sides until it is brown and crispy. Remove the tofu from the pan and place it into a small dish. Toss with the 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- While the tofu is frying, use your spiralizer to make noodles from the carrots. You could also use a julienne peeler or cut the carrots into long, thin strips with a sharp knife.
- Heat the 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot noodles and bok choy and toss a few times. Cover and let the noodles cook for about 2 minutes. Just when the noodles start to soften, add the Ginger Sesame Sauce and toss to coat. Once the sauce thickens (in about 1 minute) remove the pan from the heat and stir through the crispy tofu.
- Serve topped with any or all of the garnishes.