These Sesame Garlic Miso Butter Mushrooms should really be called The Best Mushroom Recipe Ever. They’re insanely delicious and super easy to make. Everyone at your table will LOVE them!
| gluten-free + vegetarian + vegan adaptable |
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs. button or crimini mushrooms (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter (can sub vegan butter, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are brown all over, about 15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, make the miso butter. Mix the softened butter with the miso paste and garlic cloves.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, add the miso butter to the pan and cook the mushrooms for two minutes more. Drizzle the sesame oil over the mushrooms and serve right away.
Simply wash the mushrooms and pop them into the pan. There’s no need to trim the stems at all.
I’ve tried this recipe with both brown and red miso and both work well.