Sautéed bok choy is an easy to make and flavorful side dish that will go well with all of your Asian-inspired dinners. It’s a 5-ingredient recipe that is made in under 10 minutes. You’ll love it!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 ½ lb. bok choy, cut in half lengthwise (baby bok choy works great)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or coco aminos)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy cut side down. Let it cook undisturbed for 4 minutes, or until it is golden.
- Turn the bok choy pieces over and pile them on one side of the pan. Add the remaining teaspoon of oil, ginger, and garlic to the pan and let them cook for 1 minute.
- Gently mix the bok choy with the ginger and garlic then make sure that they’re cut side up. Drizzle the soy sauce over top and let them cook for 2 minutes more. NOTE: if you like your bok choy well-cooked, add a tablespoon of water to the pan and cover it with a lid to steam the bok choy for an additional 2 minutes.