Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan is a quick, easy, and healthy side dish recipe. The asparagus spears are fresh and flavorful and will be ready to eat in only 10 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb. of asparagus, tough ends cut or snapped off
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once it’s hot, add the oil and asparagus. Using tongs, toss the asparagus so that it cooks evenly. (Make sure the asparagus is completely dry before adding it to the pan to avoid any oil splatters)
- After 3 minutes, add the garlic to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes more then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the parmesan to the pan and toss the asparagus so it’s coated in the cheese. Serve right away.