Want a simple, healthy, and guaranteed to please dinner recipe? This delicious Saucy Peanut Chicken is it. Healthy chicken breasts and veggies are cooked in an easy to make and super flavorful peanut sauce. Serve it over rice or low carb cauliflower rice (my fav!) for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Chopped peanuts and sesame seeds, to serve
Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from 1 ½ limes)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, very finely minced
- ¾ cup water
- Toss the cubed chicken breasts with the soy sauce. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and let it brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- While the chicken is browning, whisk all the Thai Peanut Sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the bell peppers and broccoli to the skillet. Let them cook until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken back into the pan and pour the peanut sauce over the top. Bring the sauce to a boil so that it thickens slightly and coats the chicken and veggies.
- Serve the chicken with some crushed peanut and sesame seeds over top and dig in!