This Rotisserie Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya is absolutely delicious. It is salty, rich and full of flavour! You are going to love it!
- 1 chorizo sausage (about 8 ounces), diced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat, butter or oil, divided
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (any colour), chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of chicken stock (I use Better than Bouillon)
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 1 generous cup of rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Add the chorizo, onion, and bacon fat to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the celery stalks and bell peppers and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring the skillet to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, stir the pot one more time, and then cover it with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 20 minutes then check to see if the rice is cooked. If there is still liquid in the pan let it cook for another 5 minutes then remove the pot from the heat. Let the pot sit for 5 minutes, covered, before you serve it.
- Stir the jambalaya well, remove the bay leaves and sprinkle the top with some green onions.