Roasted Winter Green Salad is filled with crispy kale, roasted broccoli and brussels, sweet grapes, and toasted almonds and tossed in a creamy tahini dressing. Top it with your favorite protein for an easy to make and healthy detox salad.
| vegan + gluten-free + paleo + Whole30 |
- 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 bunch of kale, stem removed and torn into pieces (about 4 cups)
- 5 ounces salad greens
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Turn your oven to 420 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the brussels and broccoli on one baking sheet and toss with a teaspoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Roast for 25 minutes, mixing the veggies around once halfway through.
- Toss the kale with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt then place it on the other baking sheet in a single layer. Put it in the oven (at the same time as the brussels and broccoli) and bake for 15 minutes, or until the kale is crispy, tossing once halfway through.
- While the veggies are roasting, place the salad greens, grapes, and almonds in a large salad bowl.
- Place all the lemon tahini dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- When the veggies are cooked and have cooled slightly, add them to the salad bowl and pour the dressing over top. Toss then serve right away.
The almonds can be toasted in the oven along with the veggies. Put them in a small baking dish in your oven for 5-6 minutes, or until they start to smell fragrant.