This delicious Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad has all of your favorite autumn flavors. The Brussels are first roasted and then tossed in an orange lemon vinaigrette. You’ll find sweet potatoes, toasted walnuts, mandarin oranges, and pomegranate all hiding in this healthy and delicious side dish. It would be perfect on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table and delicious all winter long. Whole30 + paleo + easily made vegan.
- 10 cups shaved brussels sprouts (see notes)
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (olive oil for vegan)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 mandarin orange, segments cut in half
- Arils (seeds) of 1 pomegranate
The Orange Lemon Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 mandarin orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place all but 1 cup of the shaved brussels on one baking sheet and the sweet potatoes on another. Toss both with oil then roast in your oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Heat the butter, ghee, or olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and let them toast until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan often.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- In a large salad bowl, add 1 cup of raw and the roasted brussels, the sweet potatoes, walnuts, orange segments, and the pomegranate arils. Toss with the dressing and serve.
To make this salad even easier, Mann’s sells bags of shaved brussels sprouts; look for them in the refrigerated produce section of your grocery store. You’ll want two bags for this recipe.