Roasted Root Vegetables and Pears with Maple Vanilla Butter
These delicious Roasted Root Vegetables and Pears are drizzled in a sweet and savory maple vanilla butter. They make an easy and beautiful side dish for any winter holiday meal.
Happy holidayyyyyyy, friends! Feeling like a 5-year-old, counting the sleeps until stocking opening time. I can hardly wait.
I'm a sucker for traditions. This year my handsome man's sister (Hi, Mudra!) suggested we hop on a plane and head south for Christmas. I was all for it, at first. I love the heat, so it seemed like a damn good idea. Then I got to thinking about Christmas Eve and the big family feast and Christmas morning stockings and the second feast on Christmas and I just couldn't do it. I want snow and family and Christmas carols and everything else traditionally Christmas-y.
As I'm writing this, I'm home for the holidays, morning coffee in hand, watching my wee daughter sleep. I'm going to keep this short and sweet today so we can both get back to our families and the important duty of eating all the Christmas baking.
♡ Root veggies scream cozy winter meals.
♡ They're so pretty! Seeing all the different shapes and colors on one giant plate makes me happy.
♡ I've snuck some pears in here. ← You might have noticed that from the title of the recipe. Roasting pears might sound a little strange, but they're the perfect compliment to the roasted root vegetables.
♡ The maple vanilla butter is as good as it gets. It's sweet like caramel and good enough to eat by the spoonful.
♡ You can prep everything ahead of time, so when the turkey comes out of the oven these can go right in. So easy!
I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas!!
If you make these Roasted Root Vegetables and Pears with Maple Vanilla Butter make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
Roasted Root Vegetables with Maple Vanilla Butter
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 lb. baby beets, see notes
- 1 lb. turnips, quartered lengthwise
- 2 ½ lbs. assorted small squash, I used acorn squash, delicata potato squash, and red turban squash
- 2 red pears, quartered
- ¼ cup butter, melted (sub dairy-free butter for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 11×13 inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the maple vanilla butter ingredients together.¼ cup butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the baby beets on one side of one of the baking sheets. Drizzle a teaspoon of the maple vanilla butter over the top and mix them around with your hands so they are coated. Divide the remaining veggies between the two baking sheets, keeping them in a single layer. Pour half of the remaining maple vanilla butter over the top and massage into the veggies so they are all coated. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until are cooked through. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining maple vanilla butter.1 lb. baby beets, 1 lb. turnips, 2 ½ lbs. assorted small squash, 2 red pears
You can prep the veggies and the maple vanilla butter up to 8 hours in advance. Leave the veggies on the trays covered on your counter until you are ready to put them in the oven