Looking for the ultimate party dip? You are in the right place, my friend! This delicious Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip is completely addicting. It’s a grownup version of a spinach and artichoke dip. This pot of creamy melted cheese is dotted with green and black olives from Spain, roasted garlic, quartered artichoke hearts, and pimientos. You will LOVE it!
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped green Gordal Olives from Spain
- 1 cup roughly chopped black Hojiblanca Olives from Spain
- 1 cup plain, full-fat yogurt
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip!)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 – 14-ounce cans of quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 ball of mozzarella (about 11-ounces/ 340 grams) cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cayenne and sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- Set your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the top off the head of garlic and place it in a small baking dish, cut side up. Drizzle it with the oil and place it in your oven. (Don’t wait for it to preheat.) Roast the garlic for 25 minutes, or until it is soft and the top is starting to brown. Remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- While the garlic is roasting, add all the dip ingredients to a large bowl. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the cloves and add them to the bowl. Mix well then transfer the dip to an ovenproof dish.
- Place the dip in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it is hot and bubbling and all the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the top with oregano and serve immediately.
The dip can be prepared 2 days ahead of time and kept covered in your fridge. When you are ready, remove the plastic wrap and bake it according to the directions.