This Roasted Eggplant with Creamy Harissa and Pistachios is the perfect vegetarian side dish. You will love this Middle Eastern-inspired recipe. It’s so filling, healthy, and the perfect side.
- 2 large eggplants, cut in half lengthwise, then in half again
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Creamy Harissa Sauce
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or water (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the eggplant slices, skin side down, on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle them with the olive oil and the sea salt. Roast the eggplants in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they are soft and brown.
- While the eggplants are roasting, prepare the creamy harissa sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the harissa, goat cheese, olive oil or water, balsamic and the garlic.
- When you pull the eggplants out of the oven use a spoon to brush the tops with the creamy harissa sauce and sprinkle the pistachios over the top. Garnish with a little cilantro, if you’d like. Serve immediately.
Use water if you’d like to reduce the calories.