With so many flavours and textures going on in this roasted corn and avocado salad, you could eat it all on its own. Or try serving it with a piece of grilled fish for a healthy and delicious dinner.
- 3 cups frozen corn, or 3 large cobs of corn with the kernels cut off
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh mint, (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the corn kernels on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mint, oil, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add the celery, red pepper, and onion and toss to combine. Add the roasted corn and avocado and toss gently to combine.
You can roast the corn and make the dressing up to one day in advance. Store separately in your fridge.