Roasted cherry tomatoes make an addictive snack, delicious appetizer, or versatile side dish. Cherry tomato halves are roasted with garlic and olive oil until they’re partially dehydrated and their sweetness and flavor have concentrated. A little basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze takes these tasty bites over the top.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–3 teaspoons garlic paste (garlic that’s been grated on a Microplane – see notes)
- 1 teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Transfer the tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread them out so that they are in a single layer.
- Roast the tomatoes for 1 – 1 ¼ hours, or until they are shriveled and partly dehydrated.
- Serve the tomatoes topped with basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
It’s important that the garlic is either grated or minced into a paste as bigger chunks will burn.