Roasted Caramelized Onion Dip is a HEALTHY (no joke!) French onion dip recipe that is super easy to make and crazy delicious.
- 3 lbs. onions, sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves (leave the skin on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups thick yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Turn your oven to 375 degrees and line an 18×13″ baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sliced onions and the garlic to the baking sheet and toss with the oil, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water. Tuck the garlic under some of the onions (to protect them from the heat) then roast for 1 1/2 hours, tossing the onions halfway through. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic from the skin and add it and the onions to a food processor. Process on low until a chunky paste forms then transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, cayenne, and pepper to the bowl and mix well. Serve with your favorite dippers!
You can dig into this dip right away (it’s delicious!) but the flavors come together best after you let it rest for a couple hours in your fridge.