Roasted Broccoli Steaks are a delicious and healthy side dish. They’re pretty enough to serve at a dinner party yet easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- A pinch or two of chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each head of broccoli in half, starting at the stem. Then carefully cut each half in half again. Place the broccoli on the baking sheet cut side down, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt over top.
- Roast the broccoli steaks for 20 minutes, or until brown on the bottom side. Flip the steaks over and roast for 5 minutes more.
- While the broccoli steaks are roasting, prepare the pine nuts. Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pine nuts and toast, shaking the pan occasionally, until they are light brown. Be careful as they burn easily.
- When the broccoli steaks come out of the oven, sprinkle them with the parmesan cheese, butter toasted pine nuts, and chili flakes and serve immediately.