Roasted Beet Hummus is a nutrient-dense hummus recipe made with roasted beets, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and a little cumin. It’s a super creamy, chickpea-free dip that is as delicious as it is pretty.
- 4 medium beets
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from about one lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Peel and chop the beets then toss them with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and put them on a baking sheet. (See notes) Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Let the cooked beets cool for a few minutes them put them into your food processor along with all the remaining ingredients. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- With the motor running, slowly add cold water to the hummus. You will need to add about 1/4 cup of water. When it is creamy and the consistency of hummus, stop adding water. Season to taste with more salt, if needed.