Cooking asparagus in the oven is our favorite. Roasted asparagus is incredibly quick and easy to make and is much more flavorful than if it’s steamed. You can switch up the seasonings (we have lots of ideas in the recipe!) so you’ll be able to make this no matter what is in your pantry.
✨ If you love this easy roasted asparagus recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each: sea salt and pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese + lemon slices + a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 finely minced garlic clove + a pinch of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning + lemon slices
- A teaspoon of butter + a handful of sliced almonds (add in the last 5 minutes of cooking)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Snap the ends off of the asparagus then lay them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top. Add any of the optional seasonings. Toss the asparagus so that they are covered in the oil.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for 9-15 minutes (see notes) or until they are tender. Serve right away.
How long to roast the asparagus will depend on the thickness of the spears and your personal preference:
- Thin asparagus: 9-10 minutes
- Medium asparagus: 11-13 minutes
- Thick asparagus: 14-15 minutes