Roasted acorn squash is a popular fall side dish. It’s very easy to make and you can add variety by using one of our favorite spice blends.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 2 acorn squash, sliced and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
Optional spice blends
Curry – 1 teaspoon curry powder + ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Italian – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning + ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Smoky – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika + ½ teaspoon oregano
Candied – 2 tablespoons honey + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Place the squash slices into a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Add the salt and pepper, and, if using, one of the optional spice blends and mix well.
- Lay the acorn squash on a baking sheet in a single layer, using two baking sheets, if needed. Bake the squash for 25-30 minutes, or until they are fork-tender.