These delicious Red Wine Chorizo Bites are coated in a tasty honey and red wine glaze. They’re a super quick and easy appetizer recipe perfect for holiday entertaining.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Mexican chorizo sausages, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup red wine (I used Cavit)
- 1/3 cup honey
- A pinch of each: smoked paprika and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and saute, stirring a few times, until the chorizo browns on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red wine, honey, and a pinch of smoked paprika and black pepper to the pan. Bring the pan to a boil and continue to boil until the liquid reduces to a glaze thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes. Don’t reduce it too much as it will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with toothpicks for easy nibbling.