Ramen noodle salad is THE BEST summer side dish. You’ll love the toasted noodles, crunchy cashews, sweet mandarins, cabbage, Asian veggies, and a sweet and tangy dressing.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 2 3-ounce packages of ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded or saved for another use)
- ½ cup cashews (bonus if they’re spicy!)
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, shredded with the large holes on a grater
- 1 cup snap peas, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 3 mini mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons EACH: cooking oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon EACH: toasted sesame oil and honey
- 1 teaspoon EACH: minced ginger and minced garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush the dry ramen noodles into bite-sized pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. There will be many tiny pieces, but make sure there are some slightly larger pieces as these have the best crunch. Add the cashews to the sheet and toast in the oven for 7-8 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, snap peas, red pepper, green onions, mandarin oranges, and sesame seeds to a large salad bowl. When the ramen and cashews have cooled, add them to the bowl, too.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve right away.