Pesto Stuffed Roasted Tomatoes are a must make side dish/ appetizer. The hollowed out tomato halves are stuffed with an easy to make, garlicky pesto them roasted until the cheese melts and the tomatoes are soft. They’re delicious!
| vegetarian + gluten-free + keto |
- 4 tomatoes, cut in half diagonally
- 2/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Hollow out each tomato half and nestle them into an ovenproof baking dish or cast iron pan.
- Place the basil, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and sea salt into a small food processor and blend until a chunky pesto forms.
- Stuff the tomato halves with the pesto (about 1 tablespoon per tomato half) then top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Roast the pesto stuffed tomatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the cheese has melted.