Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts are juicy, tasty, and so simple to make. With this easy chicken recipe, your dinners will always be delicious!
✨ If you love these Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts as much as I do, make sure to give them a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each: chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (sub oil if you don’t eat dairy – see notes)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof pan over high heat. Once it’s hot, add the butter and let it melt then immediately remove it from the heat. The butter will brown almost instantly over high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and pour the browned butter over the top. Sprinkle the spices evenly over both sides of the chicken. Place the chicken and any butter (it will solidify) into the pan you used to brown the butter. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 18 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. (Use an instant read meat thermometer to check this.) Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes. Spoon the juices from the bottom of the pan over the chicken and serve.
Choose an ovenproof pan that is just the right size for the number of chicken breasts you’re cooking. You don’t want it too big.
If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, use a small skillet to brown the butter and a baking dish to cook the chicken.
If you opt to use oil instead of butter, skip step #3.