Pecan Crusted Salmon for the win! This super easy and healthy fish recipe will be a hit with everyone at your dinner table. The salmon is seasoned then coated in toasted pecans and cooked in a delicious maple glaze. You will love it!
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 thick slices
- Place your oven rack in the top third and turn to broil. Place the pecans on a baking tray and pop them into the oven to toast. Don’t wait for the oven to come to full temperature or it will be too hot for the pecans. Put them in right away and take them out as soon as you start to smell them, about 5 minutes. Let them cool for a minute then finely chop them.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salmon fillets then season them with sea salt, paprika, and pepper. Use your hands to rub the seasoning evenly over the fillets. Divide the pecans between the salmon (on the tops only) and pat down gently.
- In a large, ovenproof frying pan, heat the butter or olive oil. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute. Add the maple syrup to the pan and bring it to a boil. Carefully add the salmon fillets to the pan and nestle the lemon wedges between them. Spoon some of the sauce over the fillets.
- Cook the salmon for 4 minutes then transfer the pan to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the tops have browned. Serve immediately.
This salmon is also excellent served cold with a salad for lunch. Meal prep!