When you have peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallows, you can’t go wrong. These Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Squares are absolutely delicious.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows* (about 45)
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for the pan*
- 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease the sides and bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pot over medium low heat. Stir occasionally. Once melted add the peanut butter, vanilla and salt and stir until the peanut butter has melted. Add Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Wet your hands and give them a shake to remove some of the water. With your damp hands (this will prevent the mixture from sticking to them) gently pat down into the baking dish. Do not press down too hard.
- Set aside on the counter or in your fridge to cool for an hour, until set. Cut into 9 squares.
- Melt the chocolate in a small pan over medium heat. Dip 1 side of each square into the chocolate and set aside on a piece of parchment paper. Allow chocolate to harden for a few hours before eating. Or dig right in and use the chocolate as a dip 🙂
If eating vegan is important to you make sure the marshmallows you use do not contain gelatine. Also, use a butter replacement such as Earth Balance.