If you love PB&J sandwiches, you will LOVE Peanut Butter Oatmeal. It’s an easy to make and healthy vegan breakfast. With nearly 14 grams of protein and only 366 calories, you’ll want to make this porridge recipe every day!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons natural, creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons ripe berries, or frozen and thawed if out of season (raspberry and strawberry are my favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Optional toppings: chia seeds, a scoop of peanut butter (see notes), berries, and milk of your choice (I like coconut milk in mine)
- Place the rolled oats with 2 cups of water in a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft. Stir in the peanut butter.
- While the oats are cooking, make the jam. In a small bowl, mash the ripe berries with the chia seeds and, if using, the honey.
- Pour into a bowl and swirl the jam on top. Serve with any or all of the toppings.
For extra quick peanut butter oatmeal, use quick oats and top with store-bought jam instead of making your own.
To drizzle the peanut butter like I’ve done in the pictures you’ll want to add a little water to the peanut butter, just until it is pourable. It won’t affect the taste, but it does make it extra pretty.