Peanut Butter Chicken is a strange sounding but awesomely delicious dinner recipe that the whole family will love. The flavorful peanut butter sauce for chicken is rich, creamy, and nutritious. It’s an easy to make recipe that uses pantry-staple ingredients that’s ideal for a quick, weeknight meal. You’ll love it!
✨ If you love this peaut butter chicken recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons coco aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ medium onion, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Sea salt, to taste
- Minced cilantro, to serve
Peanut Butter Sauce
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomato
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon each: ground cumin and coriander
- A pinch of pepper flakes
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and put them into a large bowl. Add the coco aminos or soy sauce and mix. Let the chicken marinate while you chop the onion and make the sauce.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all of the peanut butter sauce ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Pour the chicken and soy sauce into the pan (careful, it will splatter) and move the chicken around so that it is in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 5 minutes then turn the chicken pieces over and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the onion to the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes, or until it is transparent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour the peanut butter sauce into the pan and let it cook until it begins to thicken a little, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and serve with a little minced cilantro.