Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is the best healthy, dairy-free ice cream around. It’s made with only 3 ingredients and you probably have all of them in your kitchen right now. Go on, you know you want to make this!
- 4 ripe, frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup all-natural salted peanut butter (see notes)
- Optional: 1/4- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or shavings
- Place the bananas in your food processor or high-powered blender. Blend on high, scraping down the edges, until the ice cream is very creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut butter and blend until combined.
- Scrape the ice cream into a medium sized bowl and stir in the optional dark chocolate chips. You can either eat it right away (it will be soft) or cover the top with plastic wrap and freeze for up to an hour. (You can freeze it for longer than an hour, but the texture will change and won’t be quite as good.)
*If you eat a paleo diet, or just want to switch things up, you can sub almond butter for an equally delicious treat.