Bacon and cashews are blended right into this Paleo Cauliflower Soup recipe which makes it super creamy and delicious. It’s a low-carb and Whole30 soup recipe that everyone will love!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (see notes)
- 10 ounces bacon, sliced into 1-inch pieces (Whole30 compliant, if needed)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (Whole30 compliant, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chopped chives and black pepper, to garnish
- Place the cashews in a jar and cover them with hot tap water.
- Cook the bacon until crispy in a large pot over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Add the onion to the pot and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the cauliflower, chicken stock, thyme, and pepper to the pot and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Drain the water from the cashews and add them to your high-powered blender. Add half the bacon and half the soup and blend on high until smooth. Pour the soup into a new pot then blend the remaining soup. Season the soup to taste with sea salt.
- Serve the soup topped with the remaining bacon, some chopped chives, and a little black pepper.