Make a batch of Paleo Blueberry Muffins (gluten-free!) for snacks this week or pop some into your freezer to keep them around longer. They are a true sugar-free family hit!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners. Melt the coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat, if needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the melted coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk well. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the muffin liners, filling them all the way to the top. Add the remaining blueberries to the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on the counter for 5 minutes then carefully remove the muffins from the tray and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
If using frozen blueberries, make sure they are completely thawed and drained of any liquid before you use them.
Make sure to let the muffins cool completely before removing the liners. If you try while they’re still warm, they tend to stick. Once the muffins are cool, the liners will come off easily.