These delicious Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins are the perfect way to start the day. They are a quick grab and go breakfast recipe for busy weekday mornings but tasty enough as part of a weekend brunch.
| gluten-free + paleo + refined sugar-free |
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground ginger, cloves, and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 apple, cored and diced small
- 1/2 cup each: chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the apple sauce, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla and whisk again. Add the spices, sea salt, almond flour, and baking soda and whisk thoroughly. Stir in the diced apple, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling them to the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing them from the pan and letting them cool completely on a cooling rack.
Don’t worry about filling the muffin liners too full; Paleo muffins don’t expand as much when cooked as regular muffins.
The muffins can be stored in a sealed container or plastic bag for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.