I’ve always believed in eating well, especially when you’re camping. What else are you going to do with all your time? Here’s lots of great camping recipes!
- 4 smokies (I love the cheese smokies)
- 4 hot dog buns
- Ketchup (or this spicy tomato ketchup)
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Start by caramelizing the onions. Melt the butter in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt, lower the heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes.
- While the onions are cooking start the smokies. Spear the smokies on your smokies roasting sticks. Hold them close to but not directly in the flames. Rotate them a quarter turn about every minute or so. They will take about 7-10 minutes to warm through. If you want them a little more charred on the outside hold them in the flame at the very end.
- Top your hot dog buns with caramelized onions and all the condiments you want. Pop on the smokie and dig in!